New Course Approval
- 2019: Obtained approval from BHU to start four new PG Courses i.e. Home Science, Political Science, AIHC & Archaeology, Sociology and BA (Hons.) in French.
- 2019: Obtained approval from BHU to start four diploma courses i.e. Diploma Course in Office Management & Business Communications, Certificate Program in Health Care Management, Diploma in Microfinance and Entrepreneurship and PG Diploma in Gender & Women Studies in the college under Self Financing Program.
- 2017: NCTE has granted the recognition for M.Ed. course.
- 2020: Signed MoU with Vasanta Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Kamachha, Varanasi
- 2019 : Signed MoU’s with Shri Shankaracharya Mahavidyalaya, Bhilai Nagar, Durg, Chhattisgarh and Jnana Pravah, Centre for Cultural Studies and Research, Varanasi.
- 2015 – 2020 : Signed MoU to collaborate with different institutions of Varanasi like Arya Mahila PG College, DAV Degree College, SHEPA and with NGOs i.e. LEAD, Medha and Sampark NGOs etc.
- 2019 – 2020: Signed an MoU with The International Institute of Knowledge Management, Sri Lanka to be a hosting partner of the International Conference on “Future for Women 2020”.(For 3 consecutive years i.e. from 2017-2020)
- 2018 – 2019: Signed an MoU with The International Institute of Knowledge Management, Sri Lanka to be a hosting partner of the International Conference on “Future for Women 2019”.
- 2017 – 2018: Signed an MoU with The International Institute of Knowledge Management, Sri Lanka to be a hosting partner of the International Conference on “Future for Women 2018”.
Collaboration for Medical Treatment
- Signed several MoUs with Heritage, Apollo, Galaxy and ASG Eye Hospital and Shubham Hospital, Varanasi to avail Cashless Medical Treatment under CGHS Scheme for teachers and non-teaching staff of the college.
- Collaboration with the hospitals to give medical facility on CGHS rates to students and temporary staff.
- Research Journal Journal of Darshana: A Peer Reviewed Journal having ISSN No. 2348 – 0122.
- Chief Editor, Multidisciplinary Research Journal “Vasant Sahastradhara” having ISSN No. 2581-7205 This journal is bilingual (Hindi/English) and interdisciplinary in nature.
Placements :Initiated placement of students, few highlights are :
- Rashmi Singh, Dept. of Hindi has been selected as Associate in Azim Premji Foundation through University Placement Coordination Cell, BHU.
- 2018 : In the campus placement program, 23 UG and PG final year students have been selected on the post of Field Officer by the Utkarsh Small Finance Bank participated by 35 students of the college.
- 2018: A campus placement program has been organized by the Placement drive of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) in the college
- Registered all the students in Internshalafor Internship.
- From academic session 2017-18, introduced the NCC Wing with 38 students (One Unit).
Student Satisfaction Survey
- 22-23 April 2019: Online Student Satisfaction Survey was conducted. It was a project undertaken by NIEPA, New Delhi. It is an important project under NRC to understand the satisfaction along important dimensions of student’s academic progress in colleges and universities in India.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (Institutional Social Responsibility)
- The college has been selected as participating institution under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, a flagship program of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India and received Rs. 1,00,000/- for the same. The mission of this program is to enable participating higher educational institution to work with the people of rural India in identifying development challenges and evolving appropriate solutions for accelerating sustainable growth. With this motive, the college adopted five villages i.e. Kotwa, Sarai Mohana, Khalispur, Rajapur and Dinapur. Literacy Campaign, Health Awareness Program, Plastic free zone, Swachhata Abhiyan, Corona Awareness Program, distribution of Sanitary Pads and medicines were the major initiatives taken under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- A mega tree plantation drive was undertaken by the college on 16 July 2019 with the support of Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board, Varanasi. A large numbers of trees (Arjun) were planted along the bank of river Ganga to prevent soil erosion and a walking trail was also built. The college has received financial assistance for the same. Mrs. Renuka Kumar, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary, UP Government was the Chief Guest in the program. The college later received financial assistance for creating seating spaces in the open for students. In all the college has received Rs. 1,35,000 for the above purpose.