The Library has been divided into different sections for its smooth functioning:
- Circulation Section: Issue and return of books is handled with the help of computers. This Section located on the Ground Floor, readers can get them enrolled as member of the Library. The timings of issue and return of books is 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on all working days.
- Text Books Section: Housed on the First Floor, it allows access to text books. Text books are most reliable source of information to the Faculty and the Students especially for course/syllabus related reading. The section has syllabus related text books. The books for this section are purchased generally on the recommendation from different faculty members through the concerned Department In-charge.
The timings for issuing the books from the Text Book Section are from 2 PM to 3:30 PM during Monday to Friday and the same are issued for overnight only (for one day). The books of this section may be returned back during 10:30 AM to 1 PM only. One book is issued to a user at a time.
- The Library maintains a separate reference collection
- Technical data,
- Bibliographies, etc.
- General Opening Hours of the Section: 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM for Reading during Monday to Friday 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM for Reading during Saturday
- Book Return Hours: 10:30 AM to 1 PM
- Text Books to be issued for overnight only.
- Late fines at the rate Rs.1/= per day will be charged.
- In some of the books “Not to be issued” is written those books cannot be issued, it can be used for reading purpose only.
- Books from this section may be taken outside of the section area for reading and photocopying purpose only and for that students have to submit their ID cards with the book card available from inside the book.
- In case of any type of fine, the same is to be deposited at the circulation counter and the receipt is to be produced in the section for settlement.
- Writing and highlighting in books is not allowed.
- Remember – Your ID is essentially required for all Checkouts. We cannot make exceptions for Checkouts.
Knowledge Centre: This section is located on the First Floor of the Library. The section houses the main server, 42 computer systems, scanner and printer. This section provides e-resource through NLIST and internet facility.
- The timing for the Knowledge Center will be from 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Students have to sign at the register before using any system. Maximum two students are allowed in a single system and they can use maximum 1 hour however they have to vacate the system if the library staff asks for other user.
- Users can search their required books in the SLIM database through the OPAC. The guideline is displayed on the Notice Board.
- Pen Drives are not allowed in the Knowledge Center. Students can take their required file with the attachment in their mail.
- Users should use the Center for their academic work only. Social sites are strictly prohibited in the Center.
- Printing up to maximum 10 pages are allowed but users have to provide standard A$ size paper for the work. Question Papers can be seen/ downloaded from our SLIM OPAC] cut in the final copy].
- Web OPAC: All the documents/books/theses, etc. of the library are searchable through the Library’s On-line Public Access Catalogue. Users can locate any book from the section through Author, Title, Subject, Keyword, etc, by just visiting the OPAC of the Library website.Libserver/w27/ [Internet]
- Acquisition Section: Collection of documents are very important for any library. Text books, reference books, etc are purchased on the recommendation of the teachers and approval of the Principal. Located on the first floor of the Library, this Section acquires books and other reading material.
- Periodicals Section: Library subscribes to about 39 journals, 14 magazines and 9 newspapers. The Periodicals Section located on the First Floor of the Library, makes available these current sources of information. The opening hours of the Section is 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m
- Current magazines, periodicals are in the reading room are displayed may be issued for reading by providing Identity Card.
- Scholarly journals are also available in the library which can be taken for reading and photocopy.
- Periodicals are bound for future reference.
- Users can access this on request.
IV. Technical Section: Before the reading material is made available for use on the stacks,it is technically processed in this Section, located on the
First Floor of the Library.